Hi

I'm a new member of both the Forum and the club. I would like some clarification on this forum rule please

3.1 Club Members should include their Club Membership Number within their profile signature. This allows a route of direct contact for Club Officials in event of query or dispute and allows the club to verify membership to ensure user accounts have the appropriate access levels. Non-members and Club Members, who cannot be contacted directly by the Club, may be removed from the Forum. 

Am I correct in thinking that because the rule states " Club Members SHOULD include their Club Membership Number" it can be ignored. I haven't see a single user displaying this requested detail. To my mind rules like these are pointless, either make it a definite requirement or remove it all together. 

27 minutes ago, Bitter and Twisted said:

Hi

I'm a new member of both the Forum and the club. I would like some clarification on this forum rule please

3.1 Club Members should include their Club Membership Number within their profile signature. This allows a route of direct contact for Club Officials in event of query or dispute and allows the club to verify membership to ensure user accounts have the appropriate access levels. Non-members and Club Members, who cannot be contacted directly by the Club, may be removed from the Forum. 

Am I correct in thinking that because the rule states " Club Members SHOULD include their Club Membership Number" it can be ignored. I haven't see a single user displaying this requested detail. To my mind rules like these are pointless, either make it a definite requirement or remove it all together. 

Bitter and Twisted,

you sound like a man after my own heart, but a christian name would make things less formal/more friendly.

Welcome anyway.

Hear what you are saying, and I think we should probobly look at the wording, what is important, is that we show you are a member of the Register, and as yet, might be because you have just joined, we need that sorting.

Could you drop an email to Jo in the office pointing this out.

John.

I think you find some of us do include full name & member No. In the signature. Having said that I am typing this on my smartphone, & I can't see any signatures.

Bob

Now using my PC, & signatures are visible, except I notice that John (above) does not seem to have one :ph34r:

Edited by Lebro
1 hour ago, John Morrison said:

Welcome anyway.

Hear what you are saying, and I think we should probobly look at the wording, what is important, is that we show you are a member of the Register, and as yet, might be because you have just joined, we need that sorting.

Could you drop an email to Jo in the office pointing this out.

Thanks for the welcome.I have been watching what's been going on for the last few weeks since I joined, and to be honest I think I'll just continue watching anonymously from a safe distance. 

PS Have a nice pint of Bitter and Twisted when you can, great beer. Harveistoun-BitterTwistedNew1.jpg.5107cf773fa9b29dc82e90c5af50a98e.jpg

Just thought, this maybe in breach of the rules, advertising, Ah, what the hell. 

That beer better be really tasty for at 3.8% ABV it doesn't carry enough alcohol to make that mouse pissed lol.

Mick Richards

Hi BandT,

welcome to the forum.

As for the rules - don;t be rude, don;t be naughty. Speak your mind and ask lots of questions.

Where are you from? - the beer sounds Scottish.  As for 3.8% no problem there  it's the taste that counts in this day and age.

Roger