Rear spring spacer

Hi

Has anyone had experience of fitting one of the aluminium rear spring spacers?

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/spacer-rear-spring-aluminium-0431-mm675-065.html?assoc=130981

I had two questions:  

- Do they go at the top, or the bottom of the spring?

- Do they replace the standard top and bottom rubber collars, or sit inside them?

Thanks

mark

1 hour ago, mark_smugglers said:

Hi

Has anyone had experience of fitting one of the aluminium rear spring spacers?

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/spacer-rear-spring-aluminium-0431-mm675-065.html?assoc=130981

I had two questions:  

- Do they go at the top, or the bottom of the spring?

- Do they replace the standard top and bottom rubber collars, or sit inside them?

Thanks

mark

Should sit in the trailing arm I think, theyve been unavailable for a long time anyway and Ive used a combination of thick and thin poly insulators to correct ride height.

Stuart.

Still available from Goodparts I think. I used a 1/2inch one on the right rear spring which corrected the heights of both the right rear and left front on my 4A. I put the spacer on the  bottom of the trailing arm with the insulator on the spacer. 

What are you trying to achieve with this? Is your current spring a standard road spring? I wasn’t sure with mine and they had some surface rust so I went back to factory and I have to say, on 165 x 15, with standard road springs and all round poly bushes, the car feels great. I’m not going to outcorner a Boxster (or a Fiesta for that matter) of course, but the ride is great for touring, comfortable and very forgiving in terms of grip levels.