Hi Andrew,

Point taken, according to TRA316 the Masters Class was won by Nick Loizou with his Jasmine Yellow TR6,  EUV 77J.  Attached is a photos of it that I took in the concours tent.

cheers

Derek

P1020374.JPG

I'm guessing that Nick Loizous car was in the non standard Tr6 class then? Non TR6 wheels, sills painted body colour not black plus no sill chrome strip, then the body colour shows through the front grill when it should be black- I'm a detail person so I noticed those bits and that's from the photo.

Michael

20 minutes ago, michaeldavis39 said:

I'm guessing that Nick Loizous car was in the non standard Tr6 class then? Non TR6 wheels, sills painted body colour not black plus no sill chrome strip, then the body colour shows through the front grill when it should be black- I'm a detail person so I noticed those bits and that's from the photo.

Michael

Michael,

Nick's car won the Non-Standrd TR6 Class at Lincoln in 2018 which qualified it as an entrant into the Masters Class at Stratford in 2019 which, as Derek points out above, it won.  Adherance to original specification is less important in this class (the Standard Class is for that) where cars are judged on cleanliness, panel fit, interior and overall condition etc.

If you have an good eye for detail then why not contact Graham Andrews (TR Graham) and maybe volunteer to train as a Concours Judge, more judges are always welcomed. Graham is the Concours Organiser and took over from me last year, although it seems a lot longer than that now.

Regards, Andrew

2 hours ago, Rex Wyer said:

Hi Chaps, Just to set the record straight Malcolm McKittens Red TR6 MAC 202L won the class on Stratford last year, BPA 61K came second losing out 10 points because there was nowhere in the boot to put a spare wheel ( if he had had one ) The boot was full of Stereo equipment.

Malcolm is currently selling MAC 202L for £32000 ( its on TR Register classified site. ) as he has bought a Morgan.  Wish I had £ 32k spare I would snap his hand off.

How do I know this ? well because I  was one of the judges for that class.

Regards

Rex

Just as I completed the  rebuild of my first TR6 in the late 80's I took delivery of a brand new Morgan. The TR was getting on for 20 years old and drove like a brand new car. The Morgan was brand new and drove like a 20 year old car. It looked great but was a horrible thing to drive and was sold within 18 months. I kept the TR6 for much longer.

Thanks for the info Andrew, maybe that's my calling around cars - 

1. First word I ever spoke was "car" - mum and dad came later funnily.

2. Aged 40 driving experience drove  around Croft Autodrome in a Ferrari 355 - got told off for driving too fast and braking too late lol- I was used to driving fast as that's been my style all my driving days since 17 and scared the passenger with me - I think it was his car! After that jumped into a 2 seater lightweight blasted around in it and the passenger with me rested his feet on the dash - he said "have you done this before?" Nope I replied. Well I find that hard to believe he said! A slight tear came to my eyes as I had always wanted to be a racing car driver but didn't follow that dream mainly because I knew it was expensive and my mum was always worried about me in a fast car bless her. I kept my scorecard for that day and will remember if for the rest of my life - for one day I was Ayrton Senna in my head.

Sorry for waffling on

Michael

Oh Richard you took the words out of my mouth. I liked the look of the Morgan's until I sat and had a drive of one- around a car park admittedly- not for me at all, hard to get in and out of and not a pleasant drive either. Remember the Panther Kallista? I thought they were gorgeous as a teenager - no idea if they were any good mind?

Michael

Edited by michaeldavis39

Andrew/Graham/Rex

As confirmed above Nicks car won at Stratford so why did BPA 61K go to the NEC? Surely Nicks car should have gone instead. 
Is the Masters Class open for all entrants from previous “Class” winners?

It definitely states in the TR Register at the NEC that BPA 61K won the Masters Class at Stratford.

It’s as clear as mud to me!

Phil

In 2017 the previous owner of my TR6 paid £35k to give it a full nuts and bolts restoration after being off the road for 10 years. I bought it November 2019 and it had only done 250 miles since the restoration. I’ve put another 750 miles on her since then. What I do like on the BPA 61K is the front grill incorporating the secondary lights. Is that custom made or off the shelf?

1 hour ago, PGB BME said:

Andrew/Graham/Rex

As confirmed above Nicks car won at Stratford so why did BPA 61K go to the NEC? Surely Nicks car should have gone instead. 
Is the Masters Class open for all entrants from previous “Class” winners?

It definitely states in the TR Register at the NEC that BPA 61K won the Masters Class at Stratford.

It’s as clear as mud to me!

Phil

Phil,

It's more than likely that Nick and/or his TR6 were unavailable for the Meguiar's club stand at the NEC in November 2019.

The Masters Class is only open to Class winners from the preceding two years. As to why other Class winners weren't at the NEC maybe they weren't available either as it's a huge commitment both in time and preparation.

if you want further reading to clear the mud, then I've attached the Concours Rules & Guidance that I revised/updated prior to each IWE and were tailored for Stratford by Graham: https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/e1afee9c/files/uploaded/2019 Inter-Group Triumph Weekend Concours - Outline Information.pdf

Cheers, Andrew