TR3a windscreen frame finish query.

Hi Guys,  I am trying to determine whether the original windscreen frame was lacquered? How do most people finish the screen frame off when doing a restoration? I dont want to strip and polish and then possibly have it tarnish over/corrode in years to come. I have an original frame and am just stripping it to replace the Glass and rubbers. Regards Steve 1960 TR3a.

* Thanks for your comments so far Guys,. Mine is Aluminium, and i think it may have been Anodised. But it has a very clear sheen on the exterior, so i am very carefully cleaning it with Mothers fine Alloy Polish. So as not to be too abrasive with the finish.

**And Thankyou for the offer of a Chrome item, but mine is orig to the car and as such is part of the car's history etc. So it will be going back on as a gently used item.

Edited by StevesTR3
added comments
2 hours ago, StevesTR3 said:

Hi Guys,  I am trying to determine whether the original windscreen frame was lacquered? How do most people finish the screen frame off when doing a restoration? I dont want to strip and polish and then possibly have it tarnish over/corrode in years to come. I have an original frame and am just stripping it to replace the Glass and rubbers. Regards Steve 1960 TR3a.

20 minutes ago, roger murray-evans said:

Unless it's an aluminium one!:rolleyes:

Roger M-E

+1

Then it was probably anodised.

Peter W

PS have fun with that   My usual anodiser just increased their minimum charge to £250.00 plus VAT. as they are out the doors with work and are running 24 hr shifts.

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
42 minutes ago, alanwcoote said:

I’ve got one for sale, recently re chromed, 6 months ago never fitted and now surplus to requirements. If that’s any use to you.

£100 Before it goes on eBay with other bits

That sounds like bargain. It cost me substantially more than that to get mine rechromed back in about 2012. 

Rgds Ian