TR4 Wheel Alignment

Have just had my wheel alignment adjusted by Merityre at Sunbury. They didn't have a (software?) standard specifically for my 1964  TR4, and decided on one, shown as "Rover/MG/Austin/Triumph : Triumph  : 1968-71 1500 (South Africa).  See the attached scanned result sheet.   They unearthed a set of clip-on wire wheel adaptors, so the test could go ahead.

Is the standard they used correct?

Thanks, Pat.BER535B Wheel Alignment 2020 .pdf

PS These attachments are evidence of me trying to see if the "chosen file" would open, or even delete.  Must I take a photo, rather than scan the document?  I even tried "Drag n Drop", but that didn't work!

PS2  What is a Tag I need to choose?  I'm sure my 9 year old grandson could tell me.

BER535B Wheel Alignment 2020 .pdf

I was able to open it , having posted it, by clicking on it, and opening it on my computer screen!  Not as useful as a photo! 

Pat.

Hi Pat,

was that a Hawkeye system. The results lay out looks as if it was.

You do not really need a set of known parameter. However if they are known then the computer highlights if they are within or out of limits (red/Green)

Front camber -  Nearside is a gnats positive.  Offside is 1.5 degrees positive.  Can the camber be adjusted ???  easy on  a 4A but I'm not sure on a 4 

Slightly negative would be nice

Front 'Toe-In'   - showing virtually straight on. - may benefit with the correct spec toe-in.

Rear Camber & Toer-In  - virtually none as expected with a live axle.

Roger 

Edited by RogerH

Thank you Roger.   In a post by Ian Cornish - March 18 2017 - he said a toe-in of 1/16" equates to 20 minutes of arc,  and Motorsport Mickey confirmed that this is for each wheel.

I guess I should get this corrected in the near future, but perhaps I should let things settle down first? Say on completion of 500 miles "running-in"? Have done 140 so far.

A detail, but when I fitted new front hub studs, Moss only had long ones in stock, so I took the opportunity to fit a pair of 6mm spacers to the front (rightly or wrongly). Would this affect the measurement of toe in?  The tester thought not.

Thanks Roger.  I'm late in picking up your message re the spacers.  I appreciate that the spacers will not affect the toe-in. I was wondering whether the instruments attached to the rear wheels should align with the instruments on the front wheels.   I just don't know how the instruments work, and social distancing didn't encourage discussion.  Mind you,  6mm in 2.2 metres will be a very small angle. -- I must have some log/trig tables in the house somewhere.

Pat.

PS Using the internet, either Tan or Sine values of 1 degree being 0.0175,  I think 6mm in 2.2 metres is close to 1/6 of a degree!  

Edited by Patrick Brady