Bonnet Bage location

I know there have been a couple of threads on this, including one I started I think ! however before I start drilling more holes in the wrong place just hoping that somebody could confirm for me if I have the correct set of figures.

I believe the bonnet badge should be installed with its bottom edge 1" from the front edge  of the bonnet and with its centre line 6 1/2" of the centre line of the bonnet . Can anybody confirm ( a couple of you ideally) if this is correct,  as just concerned that just because that is where it is on one persons  bonnet isn't necessarily where it should be ! 

I'm reminded of one year at Malvern where a number of 5's where parked up and it was quite obvious which ones had replacement bonnets as individually the badge location wasn't an issue but when lined up the ones that had their badges in the wrong place  stuck out like a sore thumb, and I know thats just the sort of detail that will annoy me !

Many thanks 

Hi Graham

My bonnet does not as yet have the badge fitted but the holes are there on what I had assumed to be an original bonnet, the three hole centres are 6" from the centre line and the bottom hole is 1 1/2" from bonnet edge. So if you follow mine there will be at least two TR5's the same^_^

Paul

Hi Graham

I've just checked my bonnet and badge and I think your correct with your measurements, 1inch from front edge of bonnet to bottom of badge 

and 6 1/2" from centre of bonnet to centre of badge.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave.

This may also assist, or may not! I think that it is self explanatory in that there should be a hole in the centre of the access circle, another in the semicircular cut out and the 3rd is where the pins on the badge put it. Red crosses are where mine were. They should be 4mm diameter.

Cheers,

Tim

IMG_5230_LI.thumb.jpg.f4296b66cbdda086fddc10375451d83c.jpg

When I asked the question sometime ago I was sent this image.

Tim

TR250_010-1024.thumb.jpg.e5e8ced6d6f68e2d8ac582c7b6c9494b.jpg.83cdcb62df6bbc21adb54ee66a80f360.jpg

... and if you put "TR register bonet badge fixing hole template" into google spelt like that you will get the last thread.

Tim

Gents Many Thanks