A Weighty Problem

Hi Folks,

at the week-End I decided to weigh myself.  After my little op a few days earlier I was expecting an interesting reduction.

I have a nice electronic  Salter bathroom scales with a glass plinth to stand on.

Wow - I wasn't lighter but I wasn't expecting 5 Stones heavier.

I asked Sue to weigh herself. She came in at her normal weight - about the same as my previous weight..

My lad  ls heavier and recorded about the same as he usually does.

I wondered if failing batteries were the issue

Today I fitted the new batteries.  Sadly i am still 17 stone.    i don;t look bigger/fatter but the scales will not come down.   

I am wearing compression socks but they can't weigh that much.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Hi Graham,

I had considered that !!!   I keep feeling my tum but haven't felt anything odd.  

They used a robotic manipulator (DaVinci) to do the chopping and sewing but that would weigh far more than my 5 stone increase.

Perhaps they have sewn up one of the tiny foreign nurses inside me holding onto the end of the catheter  :o

Roger

Hello Roger

It will be all the used PPE stuff they had to use!(it has to go somewhere!)

Roger

3 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Charlie,

it could be worse than that.  For the op they inflate the area below the abdomen with Co2.

So although i looked like a bloated pig I would be handy in a fire.

Roger

Hi Roger

I would keep check on your fluid loss ie pee a lot.

Hi Neil,

My peeing is on olympic the scale. 

This afternoon my Greek mate Archimedes gave me a hint.  So I made a simple beam balance in the garden.

8ft x 2" garden fence post straddling a brick.  Sue on one end and me on the other.  We were both apprx 13st.  And thankfully we did balance - before falling off.

So the scales are doing some sort of trick.

Roger

7 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Neil,

My peeing is on olympic the scale. 

This afternoon my Greek mate Archimedes gave me a hint.  So I made a simple beam balance in the garden.

8ft x 2" garden fence post straddling a brick.  Sue on one end and me on the other.  We were both apprx 13st.  And thankfully we did balance - before falling off.

So the scales are doing some sort of trick.

Roger

Roger

That is good that you are getting rid of the fluid.

We have a similar issue here Roger. I replaced the batteries in our scales as they had failed (possibly due to lack of use) just as lockdown started. The evidence that lockdown plus an extended Easter Egg feast has a positive effect on lwg (live weight gain to the non-farmers) is clear and incontrovertible.  Accusations that whilst changing the battery I also  tampered with the tare weight are unfounded.
Interestingly my weight dropped markedly when I broke my kneecap due to loss of muscle mass. During lockdown I was at first pleased with my dlwg  (that’s daily lwg) weight gain was increasing as I assumed that I was building up the muscle I’d lost. I was disappointed to discover that the weight had relocated elsewhere.........:unsure:

My wife needed to know her height, for the Covid-19 questionnaire, so I measured her. "Bloody hell, I've lost two inches" she said. "Where's that gone?" "on your waistline" I replied.

I'm hoping the bruises will fade in a week or two.

Pete

Great to see that the surgeon didn't remove Roger's sense of humour.

And he's inventive as ever in pursuit of a device to give him the truth - in this case, about his weight.

Best wishes for a steady recovery, Roger - don't try to rush everything, just keep on peeing.

Ian Cornish

Hi Andrew,

energy levels are not good.  

I get up and walk round our modest estate - feed the fish, count the swans and shoot a few deer and am then knackered.

Seriously it is surprising how an op can take it out of you.   But I'll be good very soon.

Roger

Edited by RogerH
typo

Yes you will Roger, Aphrodite! (Edit, you did say you'll be a god soon?)

Ops do take its toll on the body though - plenty of rest, recuperation and Sue running around after you will do the trick. 

Cheers, Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith
2 hours ago, RogerH said:

Seriously it is surprising how an op a=can take it out of you.   But I'll be god very soon.

I hope you meant to write "good very soon", or do you know something we don't?
Ian

21 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Thanks Ian. I don't think I'll be god any time soon.

The key pad on my laptop has a problem that every now and then it wil not do double leters

Roger

Well, you did say your energy levels were not good Roger, but.... :o

Seriously, I do hope you're back to full health and fitness soon.

Cheers, Andrew