Electric fuel pump conversion for carburettor engines

I want to change from the mechanical fuel pump to electric as I've had trouble with several mechanical ones over a period of time.

My question is which type is the best to go for considering that I want to mount it in the engine bay around the bulkhead area.

The two main types seem to be either S U or Facet but their are various types of each so I was wondering if anyone has done this mod and if so which pump is recommended.

Thanks in anticipation

Dex

I have been using a Facet Gold pump and Malpassi Filter King regulator for a few years now with no problems over about 30k miles. The pump is mounted on the inner wing more or less opposite where the mechanical pump was

George

20200715_174251.jpg

20200715_174310.jpg

Have a look at the huco 

They do a suck and push versions. ideal pressure for my twin SU’s even flat out in od 4th on my 3a

and my inertia cut out  

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/car-accessories/fuel-pumps-regulators-accessories/fuel-pumps-carburettor/huco-low-pressure-12v-fuel-pump-133010/

9AA2893D-7E37-41FF-9EDD-DD13E6DB46BB.jpeg

D0883A78-9263-4419-8AE3-8BBA08DFCF68.jpeg

Edited by Hamish

Thanks for the replies gentlemen, I like the Huco pump that Hamish mentioned because of the fact that it doesn't need a pressure reducer. Thanks Stuart for the good point on the inertia switch, I'll definitely be doing that.

Thanks again to everyone

Dex