Good Afternoon, I hope it's ok to post one-off here to raise your attention to my late father's (Charles Marten - a life time TR nut and long time Register member) rather special powder blue TR4 V8 which is in a 7 day auction finishing next Tuesday at 7pm. Unfortunately Dad was taken ill in the late stages of the car build so never got to ride in it but he would have wanted it to go to someone that would cherish and appreciate it as much as he would.

Here's the link to the listing; https://themarket.co.uk/listings/triumph/tr4-v8/06a869be-2115-409e-b473-9c7c66029578

Many thanks for taking the time to read. If anyone would like to know any more about the car, I am contactable via the ad, email; marten1975@googlemail.com or mobile 07809 670397

All the best, Richard Marten

I love my TR4 and the engine but I love the Dart engine too. Could be a perfect marriage. My brother in law has owned my late father in law's Dart for many years and I have known it since my teens (I'm 69 now). Someone is about to own a very special TR4

Andy

And I won the International Weekend post event auction where all the detritus from stall holders were sold at an open auction.
I got Johns gearbox and overdrive where the 3rd gear synchromesh got mullered by the V8s increased torque hence it was put in the auction, ... cost me £7 for the complete unit. Oh dear...that Mick Richards is buying up rubbish again Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaa.

Mick Richards

Much more like a proper price for it unlike the £50+K that was being asked for it at the dealers it had been placed with.

Stuart.

6 hours ago, stuart said:

Much more like a proper price for it unlike the £50+K that was being asked for it at the dealers it had been placed with.

Stuart.

As the dealer in question, it was priced @ £45k.....  :)

Tom

Does anyone know the weight of the Daimler V8 compared to a 4cyl TR engine? 

Turner also designed the Triumph Bonneville twin hemi, another classic. 

Chris

2 hours ago, ChrisR-4A said:

Does anyone know the weight of the Daimler V8 compared to a 4cyl TR engine? 

Turner also designed the Triumph Bonneville twin hemi, another classic. 

Chris

The weight of the whole sp250 is 940kg

its basically the same chassis, back axle, front suspension, gearbox as the the TR3 

fibreglass body isn’t that light either. So similar engine weight I guess. 

Edited by Hamish
Sp
  • 4 months later...

I don't think anything has surfaced for very long or for very often whilst we have been locked-down, locked-up, tiered and whatever.

My TR4 will be going out tomorrow for its MOT, which is normally conducted in July, but period extended by Government to December.  Seems that the wet-stuff will be elsewhere tomorrow, which is helpful.

Ian Cornish