Tyres/High Beam light/Fuel filler cap

Three things quite likely to be a piece of cake to you learned gents:

1) I use my TR2 very little these days and only in the summer but I need a couple of reasonably priced 165/80 R15 tyres. They will be on wire wheels and need inner tubes. Do you have recommendations - Vredestein or Maxxis? Are they ok with inner tubes?

2) The high beam warning light doesn't! I've cleaned up the earth contacts. If I take it out of the speedometer and earth it anywhere it lights appropriately. The bulbs that illuminate the speedo light at the pull of the switch so presumably the speedo is earthed ok. I don't understand!

3) There is supposed to be a rubber seal/grommet that the fuel filler cap closes against when shut. Mine has disintegrated. The MoT man complained that 'Fuel cap/sealing device ineffective'. Are spares available? I don't see it mentioned in the Moss catalogue or can you recommend an alternative?

I hope you are able to help.

Thanks

Rod

1) Vredestein are well regarded - T Trac 2 are low cost ( but still good) 

2) Nor do I, test again !

3) I found an 'O' ring which fits the slot nicely.

Bob.

1. Vredenstein are very good on my wire wheels. 
  2. There must be a fault in the cable when pushed back in the housing. Have you tried some light abrasion to the nolder and the speedo.
  3. I used some adhesive draught excluder but the o ring sounds better

If this is all that is a problem on your car you are in heaven :)

Richard & B

Another vote for T-Trac2. They get old before they run out of tread and having tested them on several “interesting” surfaces in various parts of Europe I can also attest to their road holding and stopping abilities.

Bulb holder needs the little springy grippy things bent gently outward to improve contact.