Preferred detailing brands and products

I had the Gtechiq Ceramic coating applied to my SL63, very pleased with the results and is easy to clean and rinse down now. The actual paint finish must be perfect before the ceramic coating is applied as it will "lock in" any defects.

Application was by an authorised detailing company, it is not a DIY job. There are other ceramic coatings that can be applied by a competent DIYer but as I said the original paint has to be perfect with no swirls or marks.

kc

Hi Geoff, It’s off at a bit of a tangent, but I use Chemical Guys products, self administered. I have to admit, I don’t use the car hardly at all in the wet and so the polish, wax and glaze I use from them gets me a great finish. I then use a quick detailed after cleaning.  It means I have to do the car every year, but I quite enjoy it.

One slight problem with those glaze type products is if you ever need any paintwork doing further down the line its a whole strip to bare scenario on each damaged panel

Stuart.

If you want to have a chat with a 'professional' detailer, please give Chris a ring at The Detail Room. He will happily talk you through pro's and con's of various products/applications etc.

Chris has done work on several TR Register members cars and will always find time to chat so you get the correct product you need.

01623 870872

www.detailroom.co.uk

Yes, I have an affiliation with said company..... Just to let you know :) 

Cheers,

Tom

On 7/14/2020 at 7:40 PM, Sill Gap Problem said:

Hi Geoff, It’s off at a bit of a tangent, but I use Chemical Guys products, self administered. I have to admit, I don’t use the car hardly at all in the wet and so the polish, wax and glaze I use from them gets me a great finish. I then use a quick detailed after cleaning.  It means I have to do the car every year, but I quite enjoy it.

Thanks.   I am looking for self application products.   I enjoy cleaning and detailing.  I’ve heard good things about Chemical Guys range.  
Thanks,

Geoff

Edited by GeoffreyS
10 hours ago, stuart said:

One slight problem with those glaze type products is if you ever need any paintwork doing further down the line its a whole strip to bare scenario on each damaged panel

Stuart.

Thanks, Stuart

7 hours ago, Tom Boyd said:

If you want to have a chat with a 'professional' detailer, please give Chris a ring at The Detail Room. He will happily talk you through pro's and con's of various products/applications etc.

Chris has done work on several TR Register members cars and will always find time to chat so you get the correct product you need.

01623 870872

www.detailroom.co.uk

Yes, I have an affiliation with said company..... Just to let you know :) 

Cheers,

Tom

Hello Tom,

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I need. I haven’t heard of The Detail Room before. I have been worried that some of the clever modern products may be too strong and unsuitable, so having the knowledge of The Detail Room is perfect.   I appreciate the introduction.   I see that they offer a full service, however I really do enjoy doing cleaning and detailing myself so I will just be buying the products from them.

Best,

Geoff