I'm finally driving again!

Well, after my stroke last June I've finally started driving again, so went out several times last week in the Eurobox as it's got plenty of safety features (just in case!) and it was all a bit weird at first after just over a year of not driving. Still haven't got my licence back from the DVLA yet, but they said I could drive on a Section 88 with my GP's approval while my application is being processed - the DVLA are currently up to 12 weeks behind. 

I took the TR6 out yesterday for a 50 mile 'getting to know you again' drive and it was great to be back behind the wheel; the last time I drove VUX was when we came back from out Euro tour last June.  TuRK, my TR3A, is currently having some long overdue paintwork done and should be finished some time this week.

It will be a little while longer before I start riding motorbikes again as I promised Bev I wouldn't jump straight back on a bike, all being well I'll be back behind bars soon and hope that my riding days are not behind me, time will tell.........

Cheers, Andrew

Well done Andrew nice to be back driving Im sure .........................................................."Makes note to avoid Surrey for a while" :lol:

Stuart.

Great news Andrew. 

as an aside I stopped motorcycling about 4 years ago. I just used my BMW less and less in favour of the TR. that’s after having bikes since I was 13 and latterly European tours on 1150 gs adventure and others inc ducatI 748s.

so enjoy the TR’s and don’t worry about the bikes.

Excellent news Andrew, - a crumb of comfort - at least you haven't missed a lot of TR driving/events/activity so far this year.
Stay safe
Ian

I am very pleased for you Andrew, having to get over an illness is bad enough, but not being able to enjoy the things that please can be depressing although something to aim for. So good news you have achieved that.

Now all you have to do is find the right Insurance company and all will be well, (sorry about that) take no notice we’ve been there before.

:)

Wow Andrew,

congratulations on your victory.

From personal experience I know recovery (sort off) can take several years So it may only get better. Enjoy your regained freedom, and take it easy.

All the best,

Waldi

Thanks folks, appreciate your comments.

More good news, got a call from the paintshop and my 3A is now ready to be collected so will look forward to driving TuRK tomorrow, happy days at last. 

Edit: Stuart's right, maybe give Surrey a wide berth for a week or so............:lol:

Cheers, Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Excellent news George ,  they says its not the size of dog in the fight, but .............

All the best, 

Conrad.