Hi all I’m sure this has been covered in the past but after various searches I can’t find it- I’ve found an ‘06 plate MX5 in my local pre owned spare parts emporium (scrappy) with a pair of reasonable seats in it, my trouble is whether this is a mk.2.5 or mk.3.

how can I tell if the seats will fit my ‘6?

Cheers Neil

https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/information/mx5-eunos-miata-roadster-model-info/

I'd be surprised if it is a MK3.  I've just bought Mk1 seats on ebay for £30 albeit need recvering.

They should fit size wise,  it’s the bracket roy for the mounting that is required, you’ll need that. I have a set from TRTrader, they are superb, but not as cheap as your solution, I suppose you could buy just the brackets. Your back will thank you as they are far more comfortable for longer trips.

On 7/12/2020 at 11:32 AM, harlequin said:

I bought my M2 seats for my tr6 from Paul Bishop, they are retrimed in leather and came complete with the brackets for about the same price as a kit to repair my original sagging seats.

George 

I got mine from Paul as well - he does a lovely job on the seats.

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2020 at 9:50 AM, Xmas6 said:

Hi all I’m sure this has been covered in the past but after various searches I can’t find it- I’ve found an ‘06 plate MX5 in my local pre owned spare parts emporium (scrappy) with a pair of reasonable seats in it, my trouble is whether this is a mk.2.5 or mk.3.

how can I tell if the seats will fit my ‘6?

Cheers Neil

Hi Neil,

I got a pair of MX5 mk 2 seats (with headrests) and am having them recovered by Craig Byars in Lenzie, he comes with good recommends. Bit closer for you than Winchester (Paul Bishop)

Regards

David