Hi,

So my TR4 has the door seal with a a fuzzy that runs around both doors and over the backlight, and a channel for the rubber seal.  I've never bothered with the seal until recently when I was out in the wet and thought I should really get them sorted.  I bought a seal from the TRF in the US, and also a seal from Moss which were recommended as ones that fit.  I fitted both seals however with both I needed to give the door a huge slam to get it to shut properly.  Even then it pops out again when I'm driving.  I know this is a common problem which is why I thought I would buy what are supposed to be the best fitting seals.  So I am now thinking about 'trimming' a piece out of the seal where the problem appears to be, which is either in the front of the door aperture, or the front bottom corner.  I know that I could move the later TR6 style integrated fuzzy/seal combo but want to exhaust what I already have first.  Has anyone cut these seals and if so, any guidance on where the problem is most likely to lie?

Thanks

Myles

Hi Myles, Sadly the only thing that makes the original seals work properly is time and compression, takes about a year for them to settle down and in the meantime the best thing to do is adjust the door locks and the front hinges outwards slightly so you can use the car without the doors popping.

Cheers Rob