On 7/29/2020 at 2:21 AM, John McCormack said:

I've got a iphone video of my car at speed on a left hand sweeping bend but I can't figure out how to post it as it is a 30 meg file. If somebody can point me in the right direction it shows how good a steering box can be.

Upload the video to Facebook or YouTube and then post the link here

I knew that! :-)

It's all back together now. New front bearing, Revington adjustable top plate and Penrite steering box lube. It took ages getting the end float right, and it didn't help that the shims I got from Moss didn't have the hole centres quite right. I ended up re-using the originals, with just 3 thou less than there was before, which gave just the smallest perceptible resistance at the wheel.

I then noticed that the rocker arm and idler arm are off-centre when the wheels are straight ahead, and there's more left lock than right. So adjust track rods is next job, then get alignment checked on first trip to my friendly garage.

As I said I won't be able to test it for a while, and the first drive will be somewhat gentler than John's long bend at 75!