Smartscreen Wiper Device

Afternoon..

Just wondering if anyone has had dealings with the company Smartscreen in the recent past?

I bought one of their devices late last year and fitting it now , but can't get it to work.

Have emailed them several times with no response and their phone rings out. 

I have contacted Moss, as they are still selling their products, to see if they are still trading, but they couldn't advise.

Any ideas?

Dan

3 hours ago, cord said:

Afternoon..

Just wondering if anyone has had dealings with the company Smartscreen in the recent past?

I bought one of their devices late last year and fitting it now , but can't get it to work.

Have emailed them several times with no response and their phone rings out. 

I have contacted Moss, as they are still selling their products, to see if they are still trading, but they couldn't advise.

Any ideas?

Dan

They still appear to be selling directly via the Web?

15 hours ago, cord said:

Thanks for your reply.. Yes, I have gone through the troubleshooting several times. The main problem that I can identify is that the relay isn't clicking.

Screenshot_20200711-200125__01.jpg

Having looked at the wiring instructions and the operation instructions! To me it is not user friendly, or wire up and I do not like how to set the time delay. I have a Trico wiper delay unit which is over 40 years old and all I have to do is turn a knob which gives me 3 to 60 seconds delay depending upon its position! Would not buy one?

Bruce.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:32 PM, John L said:

Silly question have you studied  the instructions,  https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/media/pdf/GAC9227X_instructions.pdf

Can you you tell us what doesn't work, do the wiper move at all?

John

Further to my recent thread I have looked at the USA MGB Forum and they give them the thumbs down as useless! They say go for the Hella one which works on the same principle as my old Trico one. But I do not like the price of £130 from Amazon???? here in the UK.

Bruce.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I should have known from the external shoddy workmanship, but continued to wire it in to the loom :-(  At least the loom is ready for the next device!

Roger, can you point me towards a retailer of the linked kit?

IMG-20200713-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20200713-WA0015.jpg

The Velleman unit is available on Amazon.

20 hours ago, astontr6 said:

Further to my recent thread I have looked at the USA MGB Forum and they give them the thumbs down as useless! They say go for the Hella one which works on the same principle as my old Trico one. But I do not like the price of £130 from Amazon???? here in the UK.

Bruce.

PS. A friend of mine has pointed me in the direction of Quasar Electronics who seem to have a large amount of electronics for automotive applications!

Bruce.

5 minutes ago, astontr6 said:

PS. A friend of mine has pointed me in the direction of Quasar Electronics who seem to have a large amount of electronics for automotive applications!

Bruce.

A number of delay kits and all sorts of other stuff too. https://quasarelectronics.co.uk/Category/kits-modules-multi-mode-delay-timers

Stuart.