PI emissions

My 1973 TR6 Injection failed its French MOT due to excessive emissions. The injectors were all refurbed about 3 years ago and the car runs and pulls really well. Is there a way of adjusting the emissions, even a temporary fix to get the MOT and then I can "restore" it to normal?

kc

Do you know in what state the emissions are checked. Is it at idle?

If it is then you can alter the relevant setting on the MU to lean out the idle. It may make the car a bit "boggy" on driving but if you make sure you know the setting you can return it to normal when you get back

Tim

OK if it is at idle, Jochem's method or tweaking the MU would work (Jochem's is probably easier).

Will your garage tweak it before and after the test for you?

Tim

If you take the black cap off the MU, mark the nut assembly, undo the lower large ring, and turn the whole assembly anticlockwise, about 1/4 turn and tighten the ring nut. If it doesent improve the situation you can always go back to the original setting.

This will weaken the mixture thru the whole range, you should find that the engine will run much smoother at idle, you know its made an improvement.  You may find that you have to put the black top back on before you restart the engine, as its important to keep a good vacuum within that part of the MU.

Do a suck test on the line to the MU, it must hold vacuum.

John

19 hours ago, John L said:

You may find that you have to put the black top back on before you restart the engine, as its important to keep a good vacuum within that part of the MU.

On mine at least, you simply have to put the two screws in to their holes to keep the vacuum, as they're drilled through to the chamber.

Cheers, Richard

The holes in mine are sealed with some sort of compound on the inside, but I have had to make a gasket for the black top, as I never seem to be able to get the screws and locking rings to seal the vacuum.

I have a mighty vac to check the chamber, really useful tool.

John