Are your TR wipers adequate.

For years I have peered through streaks of water having switched on what was laughingly referred to as wipers, even in light rain let alone heavy. I’ve replaced blades purchase new arms and everything I did achieved little. 

Until when speaking to Neil Revington he suggested silicone wiper refills. I felt what’s to lose. Having fitted them what a difference. I could hardly believe it. For the first time, my wipers cleared my screen. 

I have passed on this Knowledge to some of our local group members and the feed back has been positive. Perhaps other forum members have had similar results if not perhaps they may wish to look at them. SILICONE Wipers purchased Part No: RTR8521-40 if that helps.

Edited by Derek Hurford

Some years ago I bought a long Bosch wiper blade and removed the rubber (silicone?) cut the rubber to length and crimped it into my original TR blades.......its still there and has raised the performance from "abysmal" to "ok"

I've never had a problem with streaking with Tex blades. I've used a few sets over my 42 years of ownership and do gather up nos sets when they appear in front of me on eBay.

cheers

Derek

Edited by saffrontr
typo

+1 for PIAA Silicone blades, the best I have found for the 4A in 49+ years. Two years ago I purchased a 21" insert refill (their part number SKR52E_F) for £14.79 including VAT from  tdcautomotive.com. If cut carefully in half this provides two refills for TR4/4A wipers at the best cost. Note, these fit 6mm width blade holders, I believe they were wider on TR5/6.

Tim