Random spade connector

I was checking the car yesterday in preparation for an MOT tomorrow. There was a problem with the side lights that I traced to a wire that had come off the the light switch on the RHS of the dash. Fixed that but while I was looking under the dash I came across another loose wire in the same area. The wire is blue with a green stripe, but it is not the one that goes to the wiper switch as that one is connected. The other strange thing is that the spade connector is slightly narrower than normal.

I cannot see what it might be from the wiring diagram. Does anybody know where it might go to? At the moment everything seems to be working.

Blue/green is wipers but green/blue could be the water temperature gauge sender.

The mention above of "high speed power feed" got me thinking. So I just had another look and the wire had fallen off the wiper switch. When I was first looking at the side light problem I had both switches out of the dash and when I put them back all the wires were connected. It was then that I looked under the dash and saw the loose wire. it must have fallen off as I was putting the wiper switch back in. The spade connector was very loose so I tightened that up and it is now staying on.

What threw me was that the wipers still worked and I didn't even realise there were two speeds - slow and not quite so slow :lol: Still the wipers are slightly better than the heater fan which also has two speeds - slow and where is that smoke coming from? :o

The smoke may be due to the heater fan switch having an unused bare connector at the bottom that becomes live when the fan is switched on.  If you are not careful when putting back the switch console and H frame the spare contact can get bent and touch the H frame.  Turning on the heater fan = smoke and, potentially,  a patch repair to the loom (and in my case adding an extra fuse to this unfused circuit on an TR6 CR when repairing the loom).  Always a good idea to insulate the unused bottom connector on the switch if you have one.

9 hours ago, Chris Bottomley said:

The smoke may be due to the heater fan switch having an unused bare connector at the bottom that becomes live when the fan is switched on.  If you are not careful when putting back the switch console and H frame the spare contact can get bent and touch the H frame.  Turning on the heater fan = smoke and, potentially,  a patch repair to the loom (and in my case adding an extra fuse to this unfused circuit on an TR6 CR when repairing the loom).  Always a good idea to insulate the unused bottom connector on the switch if you have one.

Thanks Chris. The smoke problem was the heater fan motor windings shorting out and melting the live feed wire. That was the very first repair I did back at the beginning of the year. The smoke was on the way home from collecting the car. Not wanting that problem again the second job was to add the new blade fuse box :D