Annoying take two!

So after solving the bonnet from keep popping open, and the front brake squeal, another issue has arisen today! My new electric scissor jack arrived today so I put it in the boot. After lunch I thought I ought to try it, so went to unlock the boot, key turned as normal but boot won’t unlock. Have tried umpteen times but to no avail. How can I get the boot to open? 

Chris,

this may be more difficult than the bonnet.

in many cars, it would be,pop the back seat out and climb through the boot.  Unfortunately, fuel tank Is there, in addition to the boot fiberboard liner.

a lot of jiggling and moving around and her bootlid?  I do not know if a locksmith would be of any use.

Graham

Edited by Graham J

So, with a bit of fiddling with the key the tumbler came out still attached to the key! With a screw driver poked down where the tumbler should be I managed to unlock the boot.......phew! New lock assembly on order, don’t want to mess around with the old one. Onwards and upwards, the joys of owning a classic.

20 hours ago, Chris Seymour said:

So, with a bit of fiddling with the key the tumbler came out still attached to the key! With a screw driver poked down where the tumbler should be I managed to unlock the boot.......phew! New lock assembly on order, don’t want to mess around with the old one. Onwards and upwards, the joys of owning a classic.

Wow Chris - that was a close one.

Roger