The best instruction, John, is to get yourself a Workshop Manual!   

Not that anyone here isn't glad to offer advice, but being able to look up the procedure for anything needed on the car, and see well drawn diagrams  to guide you, makes for great satisfaction when you successfully achieve the desired outcome!    The well-known publisher Brooklands Books do a faithful reproduction of the original "Brown Bible" and I recommend it!  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Triumph-TR6-Repair-Operation-Manual/dp/1869826132/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=triumph+tr6+workshop+manual&qid=1594134864&s=books&sr=1-1

But just for you, here's page 88.30.01 "Speedometer cable - Complete. (Non-overdrive models)"

WSM speedo cable replacement.pdf

Afternnon John, and welcome to our forum.

I have taken the opportunity to alter your title to one that more accurately describes the problem.

When the answer comes, it is easier for others conducting searchs in the future.

Cheers,

John.

4 hours ago, John Carson said:

I am a newly. On my 1970 Tr6 my speedometer is dead. No indicator, no movement of mileage. Do I need to simply replace the Cable. If so, give me some instruction, please.

thanks, John C

If you own a TR6 you really need the factory manual. I bought a paper copy years ago and it's covered in handwritten notes detailing my actual learnings as I did each job using  it. In the meantime you can get an electronic copy here:

https://app.box.com/s/3458383708b0fb05d75f