Parts availability help

Hi All

This really is a stupid one and largely my own doing.

A while ago (not sure how long but a few years) I bought a new front wing indicator repeater unit to replace my broken rusty one.

Exactly as I wanted, UK spec with the chrome edging, great matched the original I still had.

But recently when fitting my LED’s I noticed a bit of a prob.

I’ve got two LH lenses, so I assume I didn't realise they were different or i just picked the wromg part number, stupid.

Ok they both fit and it not the end of the world but now I know I’m not happy, but there is a simple solution, buy a new RH lens.

Unfortunately things are never that simple because the chrome edged ones are NCA.

So I either have miss-matched lenses or as an alternative I have miss-matched lenses, lol.

So two questions, does anyone know who can supply a chrome edged RH lens? And I’ve e-mailed most of the people I can think of but no joy, they all seem to be plain amber. Or does anyone have one to sell or swap.

Cheers    Keith

Hi Keith,  

I will have a look for a Right Hand original Chrome one for you,   can't say for definite,  but there's a good chance.

Conrad.

I have an original pair though not in the first flush of youth as the silvering is fading a little.

Stuart.

I "renewed" the silvering on mine with chrome paint. Rubbed down with scotchbrite, cleaned and masked up, plastic primer and chrome paint from an aerosol. Very happy with the result as you wouldn't even notice at 70 mph. Did the same with the front indicators/sides.

20181126_115814 (2).jpg

15 hours ago, SeanF said:

I "renewed" the silvering on mine with chrome paint. Rubbed down with scotchbrite, cleaned and masked up, plastic primer and chrome paint from an aerosol. Very happy with the result as you wouldn't even notice at 70 mph. Did the same with the front indicators/sides.

20181126_115814 (2).jpg

Nice one Sean, not even noticeable at 0mph.

Hi Sean + All

That does look pretty good.

I've alway been a bit dubious about those chrome paints in the past but on a small area it looks great.

But if anyone does have a RH i can swap it or buy it.

Cheer   Keith