Fuel hoses and a Bodge spotted

This week had a look at the fuel lines in the boot with the thought to change them to E5/10 proof hoses.  At present I think I have avoided using ethanol (Esso Super), but had a look at the pump recently now has a E5 sticker on.  Any thoughts on the setup?20200624_124152.thumb.jpg.6ee51a4b6cf719c0e5b96a752b773f3f.jpg

Noticed the pressure relief valve is sitting on a piece of wood, which most likely it has since 1976 when the pump cooling rings were fitted during its very hot summer.20200624_123647.thumb.jpg.2a9734238c6c2d1ef8d7fce9c0a598cc.jpg

Are the replacement hose from pump to pressure relief valve currently available ethanol safe?  

32 minutes ago, jerrytr5 said:

Think I'd do something about all those hoses without a hose clip in sight as a minimum.

Jerry

Hi Jerry!

That's how they were originally fitted? Those hoses look original to me? I would not be driving it like that! Replace the lot for safety sake and get rid of the wood and put it on the proper mounts!

Bruce.

8 hours ago, Mike C said:

It's lasted 44 years without hose clips ?

P.S. if you look carefully at that alum. ident tag on the HP Hose it should have a date on in the previous century!!!!

Bruce.

Those do look original.  Mine were similar without hose clips. But it is on the suction/low pressure side so should be fine. 
But definitely change them to new spec. 
tim

I’m in a similar position, found PRV was only secured on one stud, now repaired. My hoses look identical to those in the images above so I guess are original and without clips!   What is the correct diameter for the hoses?

Thanks.

The coil around the pump might cool  it a bit more but the extra heat the coils extract  won't  be any good at all for  the tank fuel temperature . Might be worth revisiting if hot fuel causes cavitation problems in our increasingly warmer summers.

Edited by Mike C