Electric fan conversion

Just getting a few facts together before I fit an electric fan.  I appreciate you remove the mechanical do you also remove the viscous coupling and the torquatrol unt . If this is correct it then just needs a shorter fan belt to drive the alternator. Is this the best way to go about it . I am new to tr7 ownership 

Simple answer is yes. It makes any work on the running engine safer with no fan spinning around.

Photo shows Kenlow thermostat with the two control relays mounted behind offside headlight. Fan is wired to run even when the ignition is off to ensure cooling after a long run & I also fitted an auxiliary fuseboard concealed behind the suspension turret in this photo.

Cheers

Howard

IMG_3586.JPG

Thanks a lot Howard and really good photo , what is behind the torquatrol unit does it require a plate fixing over anything or is it just left as is , sorry if this is a daft question only haven't got that far yet 

Photos attached showing front of engine and additional fuse board. If you would like a copy of my TR7 wiring diagram let me know & I will post a link.

Cheers

Howard

IMG_3843.JPG

IMG_3845.JPG

A copy of the wiring diagram for the fan set up would be really helpful thanks a lot 

Photos attached showing front of engine and additional fuse board. If you would like a copy of my TR7 wiring diagram let me know & I will post a link.

Cheers

Howard