Hi all,

I just see in the Dutch news the pubs in the UK will open tomorrow, 6:00 AM(?)
Now that is a tough decision to make (or not).

Stay safe.
Waldi

Waldi,  Not in Wales. Only outdoor attractions are allowed to open here.It is tough on the ale-house landlords and cafe owners but  a big help to those putting their lives at risk in hospitals treating those who think a drink in the pub is worth risking a trip to the ICU, possible one-way.

Peter

Hi Peter,

We are allowed to go to bars, restaurants, fly international, bus, train, party etc. 
Not for us. We can’t be to careful when in  a “risk-group”.

I understand we are “opening up” As a country but at the same time we should all make our own judgements if we want to follow or not. Glad I’m in a position to have that choice, not everyone is!

All the best,
Waldi

9 minutes ago, Waldi said:

Hi Peter,

We are allowed to go to bars, restaurants, fly international, bus, train, party etc. 
Not for us. We can’t be to careful when in  a “risk-group”.

I understand we are “opening up” As a country but at the same time we should all make our own judgements if we want to follow or not. Glad I’m in a position to have that choice, not everyone is!

All the best,
Waldi

Wales is not  opening schools either. Many families are close knit and the risk of an  infected but symptomless sprog returning from school to infect granny at home appears to be overlooked in England. For once Wales seems to be getting it right, although the impact upon the hospitality and ents businesses looks dire. The choice between health or wealth is not difficult at an individual level, but "my wealth vs your health" is a new conundrum for our politicians.

Stay safe

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

different countries, different rules and insights. Our official scientists have indicated the risk of infection through young children is very low. Schools have opened about 1 m ago, our “R-number” (not sure what you call it in the UK, it is the amount of other people infected by a covid-infected person) is well below 1 and did not increase.
Facts, opinions, the economy, personal interests, common sense, fears (sometimes), new insights and regulations, they are are ingredients of the recipe we brew our own decision from.
Waldi

Peter, as I understand it it's not just 'health versus wealth', but balancing the low-ish risk to health against the certainty of a child's life prospects being damaged by an interrupted education. (That doesn't necessarily mean I agree with the reopening of schools)

Pete

Edited by stillp
40 minutes ago, stillp said:

Peter, as I understand it it's not just 'health versus wealth', but balancing the low-ish risk to health against the certainty of a child's life prospects being damaged by an interrupted education. (That doesn't necessarily mean I agree with the reopening of schools)

Pete

Pete,  Or the certainty parents cant go back to work if schools dont open. I'm not convinced that interrupted education is that serious  when all are in the same boat. The effect of losing a parent or grandparent suddenly could be more damaging. Peter