Thanks Bob and good to hear Tom still keeping in touch..

For what it is worth, I agree with Ian... you follow (or more likely get cut-up by) a flash BMW, obvious what it is, why do you need the confirmation on the expensive number plate?

I have R111PHS on my work van, only to disguise how old it is, and it cost less than 1% of that plate. Nice number though, I`d buy it for £425.99, though it ought to be TR 3 A really, might be out there somewhere.

Ralph.

I have a private plate that I got to treat myself when I have up smoking 20+ years ago. 
hides the age of my car :unsure:

but there is one out there that has my name on it and it’s on a classic Porsche 

E6FF4A20-3420-49BC-983F-1F0E1B663C06.jpeg

On 3 July 2020 at 8:55 AM, Tony_C said:

Thanks Bob and good to hear Tom still keeping in touch..

For what it is worth, I agree with Ian... you follow (or more likely get cut-up by) a flash BMW, obvious what it is, why do you need the confirmation on the expensive number plate?

On the M4 today, undertaken by 2 beemers who then cut in front of me...

3 minutes ago, Crawfie said:

On the M4 today, undertaken by 2 beemers who then cut in front of me...

You in the wrong lane again Crawfie ? :ph34r:

were they heading back to London ?

11 hours ago, Hamish said:

You in the wrong lane again Crawfie ? :ph34r:

were they heading back to London ?

Is there a wrong lane anymore?

Without a doubt, no such thing exists on the M25 for any vehicle,

no such thing exists for any motorcycle on ANY motorway, and it only takes one

individual sitting rigidly in the middle lane/s, (because they vaguely think it's 

the correct place to be, or too terrified to get back in the LH lane with all those

nasty trucks)  to make the whole question of lane discipline something of a joke.

If I'm sitting in lane 1 at 70 (say!) and I'm catching a vehicle in lane 3 doing 65

on a 4 lane carriageway, is it realistic to cross 6 lanes to get passed him, and back to

where I ought to be?

Then there's the other major problem of not using indicators to signal one's intention,

or not, to move into the RH lane.

The police obviously no longer have an interest in, what is probably, an insurmountable

problem.So much so, that for about the last 10 years, they have appear to disappeared

from the motorway system almost entirely!

Rant most definitely NOT over!

Roger M-E

I have these plates on my December 54 TR2..

IMG_2116.JPG

As many of you know i have  GTR4A on my Dove  and Roger has ATR4A  on his  4A    I have no idea what roger paid for his number but when I finally got the DVLA to release the number to auction bidding started at just £350 and i ended up paying just over £1500 for it.  Maybe i should just consider selling the plate and not the car! The  photo by the way was taken on the side of Lake Windermere at the 2010  Lakes tour. 

Hoges 

DSCN0070.jpg

Edited by Paul Hogan
additional info
8 minutes ago, mike ellis said:

I have a similar problem Hamish.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 12.30.29.png

Double whammy

C1E1CE58-4613-49B6-BD11-999966DFA368.jpeg

Other countries - other habits.

At Germany the car registration number is fixed to the town or county and a personified number is more or less easy.

My TRs number is WN-TR 401, 400 sadly was not free, 4 is only for vehicles with a urgend need for short numbers.

TR-400 or any other TR combination is possible at every county, for example 20 km next at Stuttgart (S), Esslingen (ES), Ludwigsburg (LB), and so on.

If I sell my TR to Frankfurt it will get a different registration number F-xx-number there, also if I move to Frankfurt. WN-TR 401 then will be free again.

This way I was able to get a old reg numbers for a new car which I had on use on cars I sold years before.

Isn't that strange?

Edited by Z320
On 7/6/2020 at 10:41 AM, John McCormack said:

I have these plates on my December 54 TR2..

IMG_2116.JPG

All your short-door needs is the chrome half cowling surround...

11 hours ago, DavidBee said:

All your short-door needs is the chrome half cowling surround...

Not for this car (TS5038O 10 Dec 54) which is earlier than the introduction of the surround which I think started in 1955. Moss also list it as 'for late TR2'.

I understand from the TR America Concours judging sheet the surround was an option on later TR2s and fitted to all TR3s.

I have tried to reduce the chrome on this car but my tastes are changing and I have a set of chrome wing beading which I am thinking of fitting.

More importantly with this daily driver car I have been out in it every day this week, she has covered about 300 miles in the last two days. It is a lovely driving car with original steering, brakes , suspension etc.

Properly set up the Triumph engineers got a lot right with these cars in 1953/54.

Edited by John McCormack
13 hours ago, John McCormack said:

Not for this car (TS5038O 10 Dec 54) which is earlier than the introduction of the surround which I think started in 1955. Moss also list it as 'for late TR2'. I understand from the TR America Concours judging sheet the surround was an option on later TR2s and fitted to all TR3s.

I learn from my Elders every day. Thank you. There is a difference between the partial surround on the 2 and the full surround on the TR3 cowling. Always nice to see such beautifully turned out sidescreen cars, though I would feel a bit inhibited by them. 

Nice if at least something is not quite right, a little niggle.

2 hours ago, DavidBee said:

I learn from my Elders every day. Thank you. There is a difference between the partial surround on the 2 and the full surround on the TR3 cowling. Always nice to see such beautifully turned out sidescreen cars, though I would feel a bit inhibited by them. 

Nice if at least something is not quite right, a little niggle.

This short door car is a 10 metre car, it looks good in photos and from a distance of 10 metres. Close up it is a bit rough. It is an everyday driver being used for shopping, going to the garbage tip, drives interstate on 5,000km trips with the TR Register Australia.

I bought it in February 1976 so it was relatively very original and I've largely kept it that way. 

My other TR2 is different. I am the 3rd owner of this car TS3732O 8 September 1954 which I bought in 3 trailer loads of parts in Feb 2017. I have restored it to as close to how it left the factory as I've been able to.

Complete cockpit RHS.JPG

Complete front on.JPG

Edited by John McCormack
Typos