Times Newspapers Radio Station

This week Times Newspapers started a radio station which I have been listening to on DAB. 

It has a similar output to Radio 4 and I have been comparing the two. I must say that so far I am well impressed it seems a very professional station, with lots of the names you know from the BBC but the stories are covered in more depth. The interviewing technique is different with the interviewee seemingly been given more time to answer and the presenters do not appear to be pushing their own opinions.

It seems more impartial than the BBC which surprises me.

Any other listeners out there?

Alan

Interesting. Will have to try.

On the issue of interview techniques, I have recently been listening to Nick Ferrari on LBC some morning's. His ability to gently but effectively skewer some banal and slithering politician seems to far exceed that of the current presenters on Radio 4's Today programme.

Miles

10 minutes ago, MilesA said:

Interesting. Will have to try.

On the issue of interview techniques, I have recently been listening to Nick Ferrari on LBC some morning's. His ability to gently but effectively skewer some banal and slithering politician seems to far exceed that of the current presenters on Radio 4's Today programme.

Miles

He has an advantage Miles, he doesn't have left wing leanings (or any other I can detect, which is how it should be) whereas the BBC interviewers are wetting themselves to find a "gotcha" moment against any government official or Conservative politician. On the other hand they toady to Labour party politicians feeding them established lines that receive ready made answers which are often not questioned.

Any politician that goes on Nick Fs show needs to take their A game with them.

Mick Richards

2 hours ago, Motorsport Mickey said:

He has an advantage Miles, he doesn't have left wing leanings (or any other I can detect, which is how it should be) whereas the BBC interviewers are wetting themselves to find a "gotcha" moment against any government official or Conservative politician. On the other hand they toady to Labour party politicians feeding them established lines that receive ready made answers which are often not questioned.

Any politician that goes on Nick Fs show needs to take their A game with them.

Mick Richards

Couldn't possibly comment Mick!

Miles

Haven't listened to the wireless for many years, requires too much attention and too slow. Far prefer to read than listen, or watch come to that. Am I alone in that ? Peter

1 hour ago, stillp said:

Nobody warned Diane Abbot...

Pete

I don't think Dianne Abbott has an A game...just a B or a C game.

Mick Richards

PS: and now her C game has returned to the back benches.

Edited by Motorsport Mickey