Differential mounting

I am  mounting the diff back on to the chassis of my car using a Rimmers Poly kit. The rear  mounting kit came with 4 washers....two to suit the 3/8" stud and another two which clear stud.

The front mounting kit comes with 4 washers, each to suit the 3/8" stud.

The old fittings I took off the car only required a total of 4 washers to suit  the 3/8" studs.

I have asked Rimmers what the other washers are for and they could not provide me with a convincing answer! Can anyone else who has done this advise please.

Also what torque should I apply to the 3/8" nuts?

Many thanks

Mike

I'm afraid I cannot help re the washers Mike, no doubt the sages will be along shortly. As for the torques I quote from the Factory Workshop Manual:

Mounting Plate to Hypoid Housing Rear  26-28 lbs ft.

Mounting Plate to Hypoid Housing Front 35lbs ft.

Tim 

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum.

the Moss WebCat Washer   for the front bush shows one washer under the lower bush and nothing on top of the top bush.

However if your washer and clear the stud diameter then there is no reason to not put one on top of the top bush - assuming you have enough stud length.

Roger