I had some terrific quotes for a new Merc, one in particular, some distance away,  incredibly good about £5,000 less than other offers, ultimately a local dealer following up with a phone call next day, was shocked at the quote but went away and came back matching the offer.

I would therefore recommend it as a first step, but then use to your advantage in stage two of the negotiations. The offer will still be there if you can not better it.

Alan

I’ve used them a few times - excellent way of presenting a very competitive quote to a local dealer and asking them to try and beat/match it. If they fail you have an instant path to get a great deal. Have bought for the Carwow-dealer twice, no problem at all. Once Carwow have connected the two parties you are simply doing business with the dealer.

.......Andy 

I have used Broadspeed in the past. As has been said, spec the car, get the quote then walk into main dealership and ask them to match it. Saved about £5000 on previous best dealer price on an Audi A6. When you spec the car it is done on the Audi website and if you do go through with the deal you collect from an Audi main dealer. Win win!

The other thing that can 'save' money is to take out personal finance with Audi for example and then they will often make a substantial contribution to the car. My son did this got £5000 contribution towards the car. Signed the forms took the finance, collected the car, drove home, phoned Audi finance and cancelled the finance. All totally legit, but do just check the small print first!

I did it with a used Audi A3. 

Tim