Felt in blowers

hi the insides of my hot air blowers seized up and I've taken them out and I can see that there is some felt which was jammed inside... has anybody been able to replace this otherwise they seem to rattle around!   I guess originally the felt acted as a buffer of sorts and my felt seems ok but I just can't figure out how to get the felt back into it!

IMG_20200630_214956.jpg

I've replaced that felt in one of mine, and you don't want to go that way if you don't have to.  On my others, I was able to restore smooth action by just cleaning and waxing the ball.

A last resort would be cutting them apart.

Ed

Morning all

I did a bit of reading and some people seem to either split them and re-insert of use a fine screwdriver.  I think splitting them is too risky as if I damage them getting new ones is expensive, so will try gently prodding the felt back in.

Rich

Hi - did mine a few months ago - I had to split the unit carefully with a junior hacksaw, replaced the felt and glued them back together. 
I got a “sample” bit of felt on flea bay for about a quid.

cheers Neil