Powering a bead roller

Right here we go, overcomplicating/overthinking things again........looking at powering my bead roller, had a look at the Eastwood/Frost kit and thats £500 ! and its a 110V unit that needs a transformer. So thats about £450 out of budget. Looking on line it says the Eastwood unit has a 1.75amp motor. So doing the maths P=IxV 1.75 x 110 =192 watts so was thinking that one of the cheap variable speed drills on Ebay (600-700 watts) for £25 would make a good starting point. 

Anybody done this before, any hints or suggestions ? 

Graham

worth an internet search as plenty on YouTube etc have done this mod - lots have used bicycle chain drive. 
you could mix and match ideas to suit your approach 

Why do you need power, I have a perfectly good bead roller that will do all sorts of beads and its hand cranked, will do 18SWG fine. What are you making?

Stuart.

26 minutes ago, stuart said:

Why do you need power, I have a perfectly good bead roller that will do all sorts of beads and its hand cranked, will do 18SWG fine. What are you making?

Stuart.

Hi Stuart TBH I don't even need a manual bead roller, but on a whim thought I might try having a go at putting some ribs of some sort in the bonnet gusset plates I'm making (from your templates, you lent me !) then got to thinking about modifying the bead roller ............just the way my mind continually races to the next project. Bought a big but cheap gun cabinet a few years back now, you know the sort of thing big ugly box with a big keyhole in the front. By the time I was finished the inside was lined with Wilton carpet and fitted out with White Oak shelves and gun racks. Extra storage in the door and an electronic combination lock operating a 'shoot bolt' system. Totally over the top and unnecessary but thats me ! :D

You dont need beads in those plates or you`ll put too much strength into them and you`ll struggle to get them to fit properly to the bonnet.

Stuart.