Hmmmm. Not sure what to say to that, Roy. 

I'd recommend logging out (if you are logged in), closing down your browser and trying again. 

My URL for the Forum says "https" which designates it as a safe site. 

Tim

Not necessarily. Https just means you have a secure connection and that your browser is happy with the site’s certificate.  An expired certificate can give those symptoms but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. 

Edited by peejay4A

yes it's the https that comes up red with a line through it and a cross on the pad lock

before i can get on there is a warning that states unsecure site and that someone may be trying to steal my information.

Assuming your Mac is a laptop or desktop machine try this:

Go to Safari preferences. Click on 'advanced' and tick the box labelled  'show Develop menu in menu bar'.

Exit preferences and you will see a new drop down menu labelled Develop. 

Click on that and select 'Empty Caches'

(You can get rid of that menu again by un-ticking the box in preferences because there are other things in there you don't want to meddle with.)

What OS version are you running?

Have you recently installed any anti-virus software or been prompted to install Flash?  

Edited by RobH

Ooh sorry to say this but Lion 10.7 is rather ancient -  getting on for ten years old. The earliest version I have is El Capitan 10.11 and that doesn't show this problem.

It is probably something to do with Safari not recognising the certificate dates but Safari for 10.7.5 is no longer supported by Apple I believe, so you can't update that to a secure version unless you update the OS first (and your computer may not be suitable for 10.11 which is the earliest version you can jump to).  Even Firefox no longer supports 10.7.5 so you can't get an up-to-date secure version of that either. 

That warning message may be annoying but it doesn't mean the Forum is really insecure -  just that your Safari thinks it might be. The warning is a standard wording and doesn't mean there is actually an attack on your machine.