triumph tr3 bearing big end 117590

Hi looking for reasurance, with the number on the conrod bearing 

Stamped on the bearing is the part no ,  117590 if it was oversize would it have a slash after the part no then the fig,   ie  117590/ 10 

I am doing a fast road engine should I think about upgraded conrods 

Thank you pink 

Hi Pink

Bearings are usually clearly marked on the reverse face....+ 010” for ten thou, etc. If the number is just on its own...STD for standard usually appears.

Iain

Hiya Pinky, hope you and Tors are well.

As Ian says the shells are normally marked separately on the rear, the Max Speeding rods are a good buy at present about £175 on e bay, includes ARP quality bolts fitted and there a lot of reports saying their quality is fine for mild tuned engines (the manufacturers say good for 600hp but even if that's highly optimistic we should struggle to challenge it). Of course the standard Triumph rods with some work and balancing etc should be good for quite a few hp more than standard numbers it's just that we don't know what's happened to them over the last 50 years. I've bought a set, couldn't resist it.

Mick Richards

1 hour ago, pinky said:

Hi looking for reasurance, with the number on the conrod bearing 

Stamped on the bearing is the part no ,  117590 if it was oversize would it have a slash after the part no then the fig,   ie  117590/ 10 

I am doing a fast road engine should I think about upgraded conrods 

Thank you pink 

24 minutes ago, iain said:

Hi Pink

Bearings are usually clearly marked on the reverse face....+ 010” for ten thou, etc. If the number is just on its own...STD for standard usually appears.

Iain

Thanks Ian