Lucas Control Box

38 minutes ago, JJC said:

Anyone had experience of repro control boxes? JJC

Usually poorly set up out of the box and often need the points cleaning off with spirit wipe on a sheet of card.

Stuart.

A number of Forumites have spoken well of electronic versions, which are almost indistinguishable from the original Lucas versions and seem to be well-engineered.

Ian Cornish

Hi all

Novice question but what is a control box? Fuse box?

Andy

54 minutes ago, RobH said:

The control box for the dynamo Andy. It regulates the dynamo output.

Thanks Rob I can relax then I thought it might be another part I needed to find!

Andy

JJC

I have an RB106/2 dated apr 64 if you want it..was working perfectly when I took it off the car.

Its been boxed up in the Garage..generally good condition..needs a clean..

Don't want anything for it..just cover postage, if you are interested let me know. I'll package it and send u a PM with the post cost..

Nigel H

FWIW there are still or were! old school companies that will rebuild original control boxes. They do however need an original core, they advised that it was because of the better quality materials used to make them in period.

I had a matching control box and dynamo rebuild and supplied for not a massive amount and have had no issues whatsoever. The dynamo was uprated to around 35amp ouput which is more than enough for my needs and looks right and is original refurbished which is good.

Find one close to home as the carriage charges are a killer. I still need to get a "bomb" starter motor rebuilt but carriage was going to be more than the repair so it will wait till we can move again..

Rod