Bonnet Subframe

Now apologies in advance, with me choosing to still severely resrtict my travel to absolutely necssary journeys I have far to much time on my hands and I'm over analysing things ! anyway Michelotti bonnets, has anybody ever  noticed that the design style of the scuttle end sub frame is different to the front end ? yes I know there different shapes ! but what I'm meaning is that the design style is , appears to me anyway,  different, almost as if when doing the detail design they gave the front end to 'Flavio' and the Scuttle end to 'Marco' told them what the problem was and let them come up with their own solution and then let Bob in Coventry come up with the idea of joining front to back.

Right now i've got that off my chest I need to go and find out how any clicks there are on the heater control and why that number specifically.  

Hi Graham  

there are a couple of variations on the TR4/4a/5 bonnet  The most obvious one is the size of the power bulge. It can be short or long, the long version going further back towards the screen.  inside the support panel changes depending upon if its a TR4 with flat bonnet rubbers or a 4A/5 with cone shaped rubbers.  These fit into the circular pressings under the bonnet which of course the TR4 bonnet doesn't have. 

hope this helps. 

Fig 14.13 bonnet a.JPG

Fig 14.14 bonnet b.JPG

2 hours ago, Paul Hogan said:

Hi Graham  

there are a couple of variations on the TR4/4a/5 bonnet  The most obvious one is the size of the power bulge. It can be short or long, the long version going further back towards the screen.  inside the support panel changes depending upon if its a TR4 with flat bonnet rubbers or a 4A/5 with cone shaped rubbers.  These fit into the circular pressings under the bonnet which of course the TR4 bonnet doesn't have. 

hope this helps. 

Fig 14.13 bonnet a.JPG

Fig 14.14 bonnet b.JPG

Hoges you might want to alter the angle of that safety catch hook so it actually does something rather than sliding forward of the hook on the catch and bending it even further forward.

Stuart.