Twin Bonnet Catches - The Epilogue

As well as the twin bonnet catches, a couple of members have asked for the bonnet pockets, pins, cups, and safety catch.

The pockets themselves are straight forward, but the pins are special, and have to be made as one offs. The part that is a real pain was the shaped cup that holds the end of the pin and spring in place. Despite making a lot of scrap material, I was not able to complete a single cup holder. My thanks to Roger Hogarth for coming to the rescue, and spinning the completed form on his lathe. A really nice job, and a perfect fit. Also, my thanks to Stuart Edwards for supplying the safety catch for me to copy. 

Russell

spring.jpg

Oh Roger you defeatist...

there must be some local workshops nearby that would let you do a demo! Morgan at Malvern for instance.

Alternatively you could make a really good garage/workshop movie, bring a projector, sit back with a beer and press play:D

Iain

On 6/29/2020 at 9:05 PM, iain said:

Roger...an IWE workshop for you....count me in.

Iain

I was recently corrected by Wayne on this point, it’s not called the IWE any longer, it’s the “Inter-Club Triumph Weekend”. :rolleyes:

Rgds Ian 

PS I did suggest it will be the IWE for me for a long time to come 

5 minutes ago, Ian Vincent said:

I was recently corrected by Wayne on this point, it’s not called the IWE any longer, it’s the “Inter-Club Triumph Weekend”. :rolleyes:

Rgds Ian 

PS I did suggest it will be the IWE for me for a long time to come 

That still works out as the IWE  -     Inter-club Week-End.  Where's the problem.

Roger

No the T is silent ... as in Harlow.       Ref Margot Asquith  replying to Jean Harlow  who asked how she pronounced Margot. :D