Banjo union on inlet manifold ?

Hi all 

First post on here . I own a Toledo that I bought ten years ago that the previous owner had fitted the TR7 engine.  I have recently been doing a top end rebuild. 
on the inlet manifold there was two points for hoses to connect , one is the one way valve on the end of the manifold that was connecting the servo . The other is a banjo connection (shown in photo) that was currently blanked off. 
im trying to find out what this would have been for?  I have separate filters on the carbs so wondered was it from the original air box maybe ? 
thanks in advance 

Andy

5A3FEEA1-35A6-40A0-9206-82ACB418FFBE.jpeg

It operates a temperature controlled shutter on the original air cleaner box.  When the ambient temperature is cold (e.g. Winter) hot air is fed from the exhaust manifold into the air cleaner.  In spring/summer temperatures it only operates during warm up. After warm up the shutter switches the air supply to hopefully cooler air. 

If you are using separate filters then it should be blanked off.

I bought a new Toledo in 1973 and had it until the early 1990's. By that time it powered by a 1500 tuned engine, overdrive 3.63 diff and a Leyland ST suspension kit. 

Dave   

100_0845.JPG

100_0841.JPG

Dave

thankyou for your reply and clearing that up. Much appreciated . I shall blank it off . 
Not long before started the rebuild , the servo hose had been connected to the banjo! It was only through looking at parts catalogues that I realised it should have been connected to the non return valve . 
not quite sure how negative an effect that would have had on the brakes?