tr4a exhaust on a tr4

Hi all

I apologise in advance as I know this question has been covered but I have searched under various topics and can't find the absolute answer, I am replacing the rusty exhaust on my 4 and decided to go for a stainless system, I have aquired a standard refurbished 4a manifold, TR shop have a pheonix sport system  for a 4a including the downpipe and 2 into 1 adapter, they are unsure this will fit on a 4 and suggest I question the greater minds on this forum.

Will this system fit, will it pass through the centre cruciform section on the chassis with enough clearance, albeit in a straight line unlike the original and then kick over to avoid the diff', they have checked out the differences on their systems in stock hoping I could order one for a 4 without the expensive manifold and cut down the length of the 1st pipe to account for the angle of the 4a manifold but the diameter is different?   

Cheers Phil.

Edited by lynchpin
spelling mistakes

I started with a twin outlet stock factory 4A manifold, which is a semi extractor anyway.

Cut off the old twin exhaust pipe flange. Welded a 2 into 1 collector onto the flange and then ran a custom made single SS exhaust pipe to aftermarket muffler.

Effective, easily made and economical.

Hi

I am looking for something off the shelf to fit as opposed to cutting and welding as I have no access to or the skills to weld, I do have limited use of a friends local garage and ramp so working under the car isn't a problem as long as everything fits first time and the car isn't left imobile.

I remember on a previous question someone mentioned they had a complete Phoenix system including the manifold that they had removed from I think a TR3, I wonder if you still have it??

Cheers Phil..