As we come out of lock down it still looks like it will be some time before social events will happen.

Im struggling to know where i am going to get my next automotive "fix". Motor sport and other public events wont be up and running for some time.

So I was wondering if we could get all the clubs together and organize a driving parade where every one - that's "Joe Public" can park up with a picnic and watch the cars go by.

If we could pick a date and get the local clubs to identify a route around their county, and a link route to the neighboring counties any one with an interesting motor could drive it and give spectators an interesting day out.

I am thinking this is an open invitation to all interested parties to drive the route. Whether its BMW owners, rally, off-road, Ferrari there's a whole lot available to make an interesting picnic.

Obviously motorways and city centers should be avoided in preference to roads with grass verges or nearby parking areas (for spectators).

If you've parked up and watched the London to Brighton run you will know what i mean.

Some large facilities may help support. Im thinking Silverstone has a large car park outside the circuit, also football stadia, National trust, forestry commission etc.

This is not meant as an idea for "where can i drive my car" it is meant as what can we put on to give people something to do while still social distancing.

Just an idea. 

I would be interested to get opinions, support and the committee input.