Have just changed the injectors and at the same time I replaced the o-rings on the push in injector adaptors (or whatever the hell they are called). Now the car is running very well but the hot tick-over has dropped to a lumpy 500-550 rpm.

I am thinking that air was passing one or more of the old o-rings and that I now need to adjust the air valve on the front inlet manifold to make up for the loss of flow.

Any thoughts?

Hi Richard,

500-550rpm is definitely a bit too slow. Opening the idle air valve a little should allow you to bring tick over up to 750ish.

If it doesn't idle smoothly at that speed, next step would be to check airflow and balance the throttle bodies.

Nigel

14 minutes ago, Nigel Triumph said:

Hi Richard,

500-550rpm is definitely a bit too slow. Opening the idle air valve a little should allow you to bring tick over up to 750ish.

If it doesn't idle smoothly at that speed, next step would be to check airflow and balance the throttle bodies.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel.

The tick-over was OK so I think it is now just a bit starved of air. Another little job for the weekend.

Richard

Is it running on all 6 cylinders? If not, air in one or more lines could be the culprit.

Waldi