TR Backlight Rear Deck seal latest and greatest

Hi Team,

It’s been a while since there was any input on the best rubber Seal for a Backlight to Rear Deck on a Tr4-5-6. Is there a better, go to version or has the last decade resulted in the same offerings from the usual suspects? Mine has just started to crack and fall apart so it would be good to get it sorted before lockdown is over.

Cheers,

Chris

24 minutes ago, Rob Salisbury said:

Hi Chris, It's yet to be fitted but I've got one from Seals Direct part No. ATT1972, it's significantly more expensive than the others available (partly 'cause you have to buy 2 metres) but it is definitely far more robust, time will tell how long it lasts.

Cheers Rob  

Thats basically a copy of the original, I use AT2007 for standard backlights and sometimes if the deck is a bit wavy then AT1987

Stuart

Yes ATT1972 is a copy of the original, just a little bit bigger and the rubber is harder, ...... my old one came from Pete Buckles when Cox and Buckles were in a little mews somewhere in Balham so must have been the early 70's ..... it was fitted without any sealant and never leaked, once fitted it can't really go anywhere.

Cheers Rob

And TR as your only car, in use all the time, the days of rolling rebuilds, started Friday night and had to be on the road for Monday morning!! ...I think the greasy carpet was in his first shop in somewhere like Brixton Road, I think they moved around three times on the way to Victoria Villas, and then out to Feltham, each move became easier for me to get to them so it was a big thumbs up from me!.

Rob

22 minutes ago, Rob Salisbury said:

Ah that's it London Rd, Tooting (A217) on the right hand side of the road going north, .... Thames a couple of miles or so further north just past Wandsworth.

Not Manor Road, Richmond, then?

Once, when I forgot to lock down the bonnet on OGB 800 TR2, the hinges snapped, and the bonnet flew off and over my head; fortunately the lady behind braked in time and dodged it. She was very nice about it. I tied the bonnet to the car and drove from High Barnet down to Cox & Buckles, pretty sure the garage was in Richmond. They did a superb repair and paint job, bless 'em.

Edited by DavidBee