Jase,

As mentioned, ceramic coating of the manifold is a huge radiated heat reducer or thermal tape wrap. Improved airflow around the carbs helps a little too..

Not seen any examples of water cooled inlets for TR4's..perhaps more learned members have..

Nigel H.

I don’t think anyone has shown an example of using a 2-piece shield, as mentioned earlier it removes the linkage puzzle and simply  concentrates on shielding the float-chambers (ignoring the question of whether it is, or is not, necessary!)

........ Andy 

07E7BCE0-E4D0-4C7E-A803-AA1B923F3331.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So having rebuilt my TR4 (mostly Racestorations supplied parts) into a high out put fast road motor I was having all sorts of problems getting the car to run when warm. It was generating so much heat under the bonnet that fuel was vaporising in the fuel lines ( they were  measured at 92deg C) as well as in the webers.

wrapping the extractors, sheathing the fuel lines, installing two layers of heat shield between the webers and the extractors and directing cold air to the trumpets and to the air space between the heat shields ( plus upgraded electronic ignition, rebuilt distributor) solved all this

Now runs like I'd always hoped

IMG_5107.JPG

IMG_5109.JPG

IMG_5177.JPG