I decided to try and sort out the dash on my 4A as is not fit well at all. It needs a new switch plinth as the one on is broken, however I am not sure it has the correct passenger side crash pad. According to the parts book the crash pad should have a handle, this does not and it does not fit at all well see photo. Unfortunately it appears the part is no longer available.

P1090491.JPG

Phil
The original spec items, with handle, have been N/A for many years, lately TR Shop have produced a version of it however if you check previous threads on the same subject the one purchased by a regular contributor to the forum was returned as unsatisfactory and a refund was given.

Having borrowed/acquired two excellent original examples complete with correct handle,TRSDF have two lines of investigation currently running, one in the UK and another in the USA (courtesy of another regular forum contributor in the USA), but no idea about timescales so far......
Ian

2 hours ago, Phil Read said:

I decided to try and sort out the dash on my 4A as is not fit well at all. It needs a new switch plinth as the one on is broken, however I am not sure it has the correct passenger side crash pad. According to the parts book the crash pad should have a handle, this does not and it does not fit at all well see photo. Unfortunately it appears the part is no longer available.

Hi Phil,

your LH side is the TR5/6 offering.  It should fit better than that.

The LH grab handle I got from the TRShop did not fit at all well.  I ended up re-covering my old one.

Roger

Thanks for the information guys. Unfortunately the dash fits where it touches and I am not sure it has the support brackets fit. As all my spare cash is going into a 3A I am restoring it will have to wait a while before I tackle it.

Hi if it helps just purchased two second hand crash pads off TRGB and they re-coverd them, one of the pads has the handle. They made an excellent job both french stitched. The two pads fitted great being original. Going to send me center H frame to get re-covered

PHIL