CR Series H Frame Switch ID

Hi folks - I need to recover an H frame from a 74 car - it has a switch in the middle hole which I am really struggling to remove as the knob is proving very stubborn. The plunger will go down but the knob just wont move

I've included a photo of the worn image on the knob,  the ID of which I have been unable to find, so can anyone identify the switch, what it does and advise if I can get a new one, in case it breaks in my attempts to release it.

Thanks as always

Cheers Rich

IMG_3555.JPG - Resized.JPG

I had a real issue with the one I had. It's the same as all of the other switch heads and has the small hole you need to use to depress the retaining button before it comes off. I've used this switch as the manual override for my electric fan, as my car didn't have the interior light on the tunnel and the lights under the dash just come on when opening the doors.

The central light on the tunnel had it’s own built in switch. My 6 had no h frame ,the one I purchased had the switch fitted , kinda threw me for a while until I realised later 6’s had under dash  courtesy lights.

Edited by Mark69

Hi all - thanks for info and I can see I can get a new knob, so I may have to get brutal to get it off as it stubbornly refuses to move - wll leave it well soaked with penetrating oil today and then find another pair of hands to help, as trying to push pin in, pull knob with lots of force and hold the H frame tight, all at the same time is beyond my single abilities!

Cheers  Rich

19 minutes ago, 250 said:

Probably glued on had that before.

Mark

+1 

Rather than force the knob off and risk damaging the switch I cut the plastic knob with a Dremel and some plywood shielding to protect the upholstery 

George