Disappearing Local Groups

I was considering joining the Register, however I was surprised that since I last looked all the history information from the Scottish groups has been removed. This is a really important issue for prospective new members as it allows us to see what the local groups get up to. 
Are the Scottish groups being broken up, it certainly looks that way. 

Hector Mcllvanney 

Hector

Looking in the Club mag TRAction, and on the website, there are 5 groups in Scotland.

I must admit the webpage is a little misleading - in the list of groups Scotland is shown as apparently having just one, but when you click on that it takes you to a page showing the 5...

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/group/scotland

Edited by Rod1883

Hector,

Very good morning to you sir.

I’m terrible sorry that you had a negative experience with the TR Register and I’m replying to you with the intent of explaining what’s happening within the Register and specifically within Scotland.

Firstly I’d like to assure you that the five groups are alive and well and continue to thrive with a growing membership, we are currently at 199 members in Scotland and hopefully when you decide to join we will reach a nice round 200 members.  Depending on where you live, you would be allocated to the appropriate group located throughout Scotland.

What you have noticed is simply an improvement that is still work in progress.  Previously each Group within Scotland had their own webpage, but since we are all volunteers we really struggled to have our webpage up to date.  So, rather than have five not updated pages we decided to have one Scotland page, with one volunteer responsible for updating the page.  As mentioned, this is really work in progress but we will soon be on track, so if you check you’ll find Scotland as a single webpage.  On this page you’ll find the area contacts and that hasn’t changed at all.

Hope that makes sense, and look forward to meeting you sometime soon and getting to know you and understanding where you are on the journey of TR ownership.

And, thank you for making contact.

Very best regards

Stephen

4 minutes ago, Rod1883 said:

Hector

Looking in the Club mag TRAction, and on the website, there are 5 groups in Scotland.

I must admit the webpage is a little misleading - in the list of groups Scotland is shown as apparently having just one, but when you click on that it takes you to a page showing the 5...

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/group/scotland

Thanks for taking the time to reply to Hector, you are spot on with your comments, and Hector has identified us changing over to improve our service to our members.

Thanks Stephen for the reply to my post.

I appreciate the changes are 'work in progress' - but it is misleading that the "headline" Scotland entry in the list of Local Groups only mentions meetings near Paisley. Perhaps that wording needs to be replaced with something along the lines of - 'There are five Local Groups in Scotland - click here to see details...'

Rod

8 hours ago, Rod1883 said:

Thanks Stephen for the reply to my post.

I appreciate the changes are 'work in progress' - but it is misleading that the "headline" Scotland entry in the list of Local Groups only mentions meetings near Paisley. Perhaps that wording needs to be replaced with something along the lines of - 'There are five Local Groups in Scotland - click here to see details...'

Rod

Ok, thanks, we will try to get that improved.  Have a great remainder of the weekend. 

regards

Stephen

8 hours ago, Cameron said:

Hector

I have sent you a PM ( personal message)  - go to the envelope icon in the top RH corner of this page, and click on it - this will open up your personal forum mailbox.

Cameron. 

Hector,

Checked but didn’t see any PM, might be my incompetence.  You can contact me directly on ScotlandDirector@tr-register.co.uk.  Sorry for late reply, been in the garage working on the TR.

Regards

Stephen

Just to be clear, I didn’t send a PM to anyone,I think you need to reread the above thread . However I did receive a number of PMs and now have a good understanding of what’s happening with the Scottish groups.
Hopefully I’ll see some of you next year at Glamis. 

Regards

Hector. 

48 minutes ago, Trplus said:

Just to be clear, I didn’t send a PM to anyone,I think you need to reread the above thread . However I did receive a number of PMs and now have a good understanding of what’s happening with the Scottish groups.
Hopefully I’ll see some of you next year at Glamis. 

Regards

Hector. 

Hector,

Thanks for the clarification, if you’d like to discuss with me personally then feel free to contact me directly at: ScotlandDirector@tr-register.co.uk.

best regards

Stephen