• 5 weeks later...

Well, here is stage 2:

And that 70mm hole is on the driver side too, with a lever and a butterfly-type vent that can open and close via a lever in the engine bay, below the m/c.  I was hoping it was a factory innovation in cockpit ventilation but it seeems to be a one-off.

cheers

Dan

ps. Alec Pringle would attribute the 70mm precise identification as being aided by his “Mark II eyeballs”

4E3D8EDE-8829-47BC-927F-CA586BDDB15E.jpeg

On 7/19/2020 at 2:29 AM, 2long said:

And if you are an astute viewer you will see that my aggressive use of the accelerator pedal has melted the rubberized pad.  Brake, not so much.

You can get replacement brake and clutch pedal pads without the 'T' - I do not know where the accel pedal pad is from.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-TR2-TR3-TO-TS13045-ACCELERATOR-OR-CLUTCH-PEDAL-RUBBER-PAD-105159/371428142442?fits=Car+Make%3ATriumph&hash=item567ad7ad6a:g:ohIAAOSw~gRV5tjl

Cheers

Peter W

Thanks Peter!  I obviously get my pedals mixed up now and then.  It takes all kinds to keep the hobby interesting.

i got the triple whammy on my mind right now - Covid, my tranny job, and now a Hurricane barreling down on us.  What the hack is going on?!

cheers

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How does it drive now?

Still needs a pedal rubber though.

TRF - Triumph 105159 

http://trf.zeni.net/TR2-TR3GB/180.php?s_wt=1440&s_ht=900  $4.75

or

Moss Motors (Calif)  680-220

https://mossmotors.com/pad-clutch-brake-pedals  $4.89

Cheers

Peter W

PS what does fit in the big hole behind the pedal?  If the hole is 75 mm (3 inches) the TR2 jack hole plugs will do a good job of filling.

image.png.e0defc06e712ae09239fc959307baaad.png

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Hi Peter!  Well, the rebuilt transmission and clutch/flywheel job have really transformed the car.  I can actually pull hard off a stop and go up and down the volcano shifting around as I like.  I am so happy!  Now that I can get the Doretti up the steep drive in my TR2’s storage garage, I can play with one machine for a week or two and then switch them out.  I am fixing to do an article comparing the two cars, now that both are bog standard and actually running how they should!  Thank you for asking.

Aloha

Dan

PS Don't mind the bird poo on the Doretti - I parked under a tree and didn't notice 'till I saw my picture. 

sibling rivalry.jpg

Edited by 2long