hi , should there be a channel that the seals on the a pillar/bulkhead to door edge fit into?  I am guessing they are like a u section for the rubber to slide int. I have evidence of something being on the panel but no idea what it was or should be. Thanks Chris

There is a strip seal that is held in by clips that grip a flange on the rubber and push into holes in bulkhead but no channel as such..

there is a seal that fits between the foot well side carpet and bulk head like furflex to match trim.

see 128 Moss catalogue Trim and badges.

Worth putting these in with pliars compressing the clip parts and coating the clip hole with waxoil or similar. The reason is that the clip fit to the rubber is tight on the fairly stiff seal and it will remove the paint as it goes in.

Bare in mind that it not full length and only the top section that has it.. 

Draft excluder  (not) it fitted between the foot well carpet and pillar tightly as supposedly seals against the door card. Good luck with that one?

As far as I can find the early cars had a slightly different form in that they were leathercloth covered fuel pipe and held in place with a leathercloth covered hockeystick shaped piece of birchwood plywood. 

Your car should have matched furflex to trim colour glued to the bulkhead and the carpet glued over that to form a neat finish.

Rod

Edited by Rodbr
On 6/19/2020 at 10:13 AM, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Here you go

image.jpeg

And, for good order's sake, the clips and rubber seals were not fitted to the earlier TR2s, which is why

neither the clips (p/n 552901) nor the seals (p/n 603257) are in the TR2 parts book and, rather oddly,  not in

the TR3 supplement either.

My first TR2 (TS3615) didn't have but I retro fitted them.I'm thinking they were introduced into production early

Jan 1955, but at what comm.number i don't have to hand.

I'm rather afraid in the interest of originality of my latest TR2, my left leg and the right of any passenger

unlucky enough to be on board when it's raining will have to learn to stuff a rag in the gap!

Roger M-E

16 hours ago, roger murray-evans said:

I'm rather afraid in the interest of originality of my latest TR2, my left leg and the right of any passenger

unlucky enough to be on board when it's raining will have to learn to stuff a rag in the gap!

Roger M-E

You could always use the self adhesive version.....no clips and reversible if necessary

SRS126 Page 29 Works well

https://phoenixtrim.co.uk/main-catalogue-3-w.asp

Iain

48 minutes ago, iain said:

You could always use the self adhesive version.....no clips and reversible if necessary

SRS126 Page 29 Works well

https://phoenixtrim.co.uk/main-catalogue-3-w.asp

Iain

Page 33 actually.;)

Stuart.