Temperature Gauges

I would be interested to know about the fitment of temperature gauges a fitted to early TR2. I have a domed glass 30 to 100 degree Jaeger temperature gauge.

I understand that this was normally fitted to export cars.

I further understand that it was quite normal to have a spread of instrument makers depending what was available from the store on the day in the early months production.

My car being built in January 1954 and one of the first 500 should probably have had an 85 to 230 degree one fitted.

My question is really anal I suppose being, is it a stretch that this could be correct for the car built when it was or do I need to try and find a period "correct", with the early cars so much does not conform to what the accepted details are.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Rod

Edited by Rodbr

According to Bill Piggott in his "Original Triumph TR2/3/3A", it was 90 to 230, with 185 to indicate normal running temperature.  Centigrade instrument fitted to European export cars.

Ian Cornish