Help wanted - Warwick / Coventry area

Hi all

My 6 is running rich and has done pretty much since I got her 3 years ago.  Apart from some soot on the rear bumper and occasional lumpy running (especially in the lower rev ranges) this has never really bothered me but Mrs H is now getting frustrated at the smell in the cabin and wants me to sort it out. 

But I am not sure I can diagnose the problem.  3,000 miles ago, the MU and PI system was overhauled by http://www.enginuity.co.uk/ so I'm pretty confident that this is not the problem - although I don;t have the skills to test / confirm.  

Can anyone recommend either: 

• Idiot proof things for me to check;
  • A mechanic in the Warwick / Coverntry area.

Knowing my astonishing level of incompetence, it is probably something stupid like the choke still being slightly on that is causing this but I would like someone to check it over for me / help me resolve the problem. 

Thanks in advance.  

Hi 

I am in Kenilworth and happy to help if it can be done under the current social distancing rules. I have an Air fuel ratio meter so can get a proper reading for your mixture. Ideally I would normally do this on a drive but that might be tricky under the current conditions.

Also happy to just look over the set up for anything obvious (i ran PI on mine until i fitted the supercharger)

Cheers

Tim