Hesitant under acceleration

I had my '73 PI setup late last year and all was running fine. I added some fuel stabiliser before storing away for winter.

I took her for a quick run a few weeks ago and all was running well. A week ago and the engine seemed to get hotter quicker and was hesitant on acceleration from low revs, clearing from about 2000rpm and above. I filled up with fuel wondering if I'd let it get low (fuel gauge was at half and I'd only done 100 miles since filing up) but no change. I've looked at the timing and it seemed very advanced so I've retarded it and whilst not getting as hot as quick, she's still hesitant on acceleration.

Any suggestions what I should look at next? 

Thanks 

Steve

I add Stabil for winter storage and have no problems on restarting. Did you run the engine to circulate the fuel& stabilizer  through the MU after it was  added?

I've had problems in the past with raw stale fuel attacking the MU elastomers- check the plugs for evidence of rich running.

Thanks Mike. It was stabil, and I think I ran the engine after putting it in, but I'm questioning myself now